Saturday, March 17, 2012

Week 11 Review: Just Listen

From Goodreads:
Last year, Annabel was "the girl who has everything"—at least that's the part she played in the television commercial for Kopf's Department Store.This year, she's the girl who has nothing: no best friend because mean-but-exciting Sophie dropped her, no peace at home since her older sister became anorexic, and no one to sit with at lunch. Until she meets Owen Armstrong. Tall, dark, and music-obsessed, Owen is a reformed bad boy with a commitment to truth-telling. With Owen's help, maybe Annabel can face what happened the night she and Sophie stopped being friends.

My Review:
I enjoyed this book a lot! There was a lot of, lightness, to this book, but it also dealt with some heavy issues, so that kinda balanced each other, and yeah, that balance was just perfect, if it had been off, then the book would've been off. But it was just balanced perfectly!

Reading about these characters, I just wanted to do so more! They were enjoyable people, with quirks and flaws, real like the rest of us. Annabel has a lot going on in her personal life, and then there was the incident that was what drove her and Sophie apart.

I knew something had happened, we all did if we read the synopsis. But I wasn't sure what that thing was. And when we found out, well, yeah, it was a hard thing, and hard things, what makes them hard, is having to deal with them, all the emotions and moral and legal and humane things. Yeah, all that big complicated mess! Though that's just really scratching the surface, seeing as I've not gone though anything that could be classified as "hard."

This book was really great, and I loved reading it, and I can't wait to read more Sarah Dessen books!

Author: Sarah Dessen
Read: March 12th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: I wanted to! It sounded really good, too!
Publisher: Viking Books
Published: April 6th 2006
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!