Saturday, March 24, 2012

Week 12 Review: Sisters Red

From Goodreads:
Scarlett March lives to hunt the Fenris--the werewolves that took her eye when she was defending her sister Rosie from a brutal attack. Armed with a razor-sharp hatchet and blood-red cloak, Scarlett is an expert at luring and slaying the wolves. She's determined to protect other young girls from a grisly death, and her raging heart will not rest until every single wolf is dead.

Rosie March once felt her bond with her sister was unbreakable. Owing Scarlett her life, Rosie hunts ferociously alongside her. But even as more girls' bodies pile up in the city and the Fenris seem to be gaining power, Rosie dreams of a life beyond the wolves. She finds herself drawn to Silas, a young woodsman who is deadly with an ax and Scarlett's only friend--but does loving him mean betraying her sister and all that they've worked for?

My Review:
I enjoyed this book so much! It was a really great retelling, I enjoyed it so much! And it almost seemed a bit apocalypse-ish what with the feeling and atmosphere that I was getting, but that's mainly because of the deaths.

I enjoyed the romance between Rosie and Silas, it was really nice and cute, especially in this world where things just aren't the best! And that there was the conflict about the whole hunting Fenris thing and Scarlett!

That big twist? I was kinda expecting something like that, or at least that something was coming. There were hints in this book, and yeah, the big reveal, had all those markers that just prove that it was really excellent writing!

Sisters Red was a really fantastic book, I enjoyed it a lot! I hope to read more of the series soon!

Author: Jackson Pearce
Series: Fairy Retellings #1
Read: March 20th-21st, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: I wanted to!
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Published: June 3rd 2010
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!