Saturday, February 2, 2013

Week 5 Review: Breaking Beautiful

From Goodreads:
Allie lost everything the night her boyfriend, Trip, died in a horrible car accident—including her memory of the event. As their small town mourns his death, Allie is afraid to remember because doing so means delving into what she's kept hidden for so long: the horrible reality of their abusive relationship.

When the police reopen the investigation, it casts suspicion on Allie and her best friend, Blake, especially as their budding romance raises eyebrows around town. Allie knows she must tell the truth. Can she reach deep enough to remember that night so she can finally break free? Debut writer Jennifer Shaw Wolf takes readers on an emotional ride through the murky waters of love, shame, and, ultimately, forgiveness.

My Review:
So this was a really fantastic book! I enjoyed it so much, it was really powerful to read this book, because it's about a relationship that was secretly violent-and then the perpetrator of the violence is killed, and the victim is thought maybe to be the bad guy. Yeah.

We, the readers, are on Allie's side, because Trip was a horrible person. And she was basically the only one that knew that, which really sucks. And then add on to the fact that she doesn't remember what happened, makes things even worse for her!

I really did not like Trip. He was self-entitled, and he deserved to be punished with jail time, death is sometimes too easy. And it doesn't matter that he was passing on what he dad did to him, that doesn't mean that he had to continue the cycle!

I really enjoyed that ending, it was really good, to have some happy endings for the good characters, yeah, that was really great to read! I was happy for the characters, they both deserved, and earned, those happy endings!

Really great book, I really was glad to read it!

Author: Jennifer Shaw Wolf
Read: January 26th, 2013
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded like a good book!
Publisher: Walker Childrens
Published: April 24th 2012
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!