Saturday, February 16, 2013

Week 7 Review: Breathe

From Goodreads:
Inhale. Exhale. Breathe. Breathe. Breathe . . . The world is dead. The survivors live under the protection of Breathe, the corporation that found a way to manufacture oxygen-rich air.

Alina has been stealing for a long time. She's a little jittery, but not terrified. All she knows is that she's never been caught before. If she's careful, it'll be easy. If she's careful.

Quinn should be worried about Alina and a bit afraid for himself, too, but even though this is dangerous, it's also the most interesting thing to happen to him in ages. It isn't every day that the girl of your dreams asks you to rescue her.

Bea wants to tell him that none of this is fair; they'd planned a trip together, the two of them, and she'd hoped he'd discover her out here, not another girl.

And as they walk into the Outlands with two days' worth of oxygen in their tanks, everything they believe will be shattered. Will they be able to make it back? Will they want to?

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading this book! Sure, there were a few parts were I kinda breezed over them, not fully reading them, but all in all, this was a really great to read! So interesting, and dealing with the #1 thing we all need-air.

There were a few characters who had perspectives in this book. And it was a bit difficult, at first, keeping track of them. Once things really got going, that was way easier! But they told this story, and I wanted to know it!

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to read this whole book by choice. I had to skip from when they were at the stadium, to the last few pages. Because I was reading a library copy, and I had to return it. But I hope to read those pages!

I am so glad that this is a series, because boy, was that a cliffhanger! I really can't wait to see where this is all going to go, it was such a great ending, with everything up in the air! But it's also only a duology, so only one more time to see these characters!

I enjoyed this book quite a bit, it was great to read it!

Author: Sarah Crossan
Series: Breathe #1
Read: February 12th, 2013
Source: Library
Reason Why: It sounded great, and it's a WoW Book, and a 2013 Dystopia Book!
Publisher: Greenwillow
Published: October 2nd 2012
5/5 Hearts
3.5/5 Books
3.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!