Saturday, February 9, 2013

Manipulation: Review

From Goodreads:
Addison Prince has almost always gotten what she wants.

Dean Courser only wants to find his brother, but it's the one thing he’s failed at... Even with his unusual ability.

Dean and Addison share the gift of Manipulation—a brief touch that forces others to do what they wish. But when they meet and realize their connection, they find more questions than answers. Suddenly Dean is seeing moving shadows, and Addison is learning her father's mysterious group may know more about her abilities than he's ever let on. 

As Dean and Addison second-guess every decision about who they are and why they're wanted, time is running out. With shadows following their every move, they're losing hope they'll ever get to safety—if such a thing exists.

My Review:
I freaking loved this book! Romance, freaky chilly going ons, parents who may or may not be
working with the bad guys...amazing! And we got to see a 3rd talent, the talent of Manipulation, which was pretty sweet, and I loved how they had the common base, that they could communicate, but then had different skills in their talents, with Dean being able to block Addie's "suggestions" and Addie being able to hear Dean's thoughts. Yeah, that was pretty darn interesting! And unique!

One thing that I like in books, since I read so many of them, is uniqueness. It keeps things interesting, because it's new and I haven't seen it before. You know, the opposite of what's going on in the movie world right now, all these movies are like different stories of the same thing over and over. And this book was very unique, especially with that there were only 4 powers, and the origin story, never heard that one before. Thus, unique.

The romance was great, because they had an instance connection, but they didn't go diving into a romantic relationship (Dean's boy thoughts do not count, as they are boy thoughts and are because he is a boy around a pretty girl) and with how Addie fought trusting Dean because of the whole he could block her manipulations, and she couldn't block his, yeah, that was some very nice, "how can I trust you" conflict.

One thing that I'd like to know, is about Dean. I got that she was really bad, and we were told why, and what Dean had to do to get food, but we weren't told why Dean was separated from them, and how the brother was adopted by a family...there wasn't any details on this that I read, and I hope it might be edged in on the last book!

Yeah, this was a really great book, so you guys really have to check it out!

Author: Jolene Perry
Series: Shadows #2
Read: February 8th, 2013
Source: YA Bound Review Copy for Tour
Reason Why: Sounded good!
Publisher: Next Door Publishing
Published: January 13th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4/5 Stars

Bio:
I wear juvenile T-shirts, worn-out chucks, and eat too much chocolate. I write. A lot. I make up words, drink Shirley Temples, and suffocate a little without my iPod.

You can also find me under Jolene B Perry...

Also I blog: www.jolenesbeenwriting.blogspot.com

And I tumblr like a gymnast ;-) http:writershoes.tumblr.com


Contact and Buy AKA Links:
Website



Stops on the Tour:
February 4: 
Mom With a Kindle - Promo Post 
Lust For Stories - Review 
Kissed by Ink – Review 
#BookNerd – Review 
BoundbyWords – Review 
Fiction Predictions - Promo Post 

February 5: 
Love of Books - Review 
My Daily Obsession - Review 
Xpresso Reads - Review 
Always YA at Heart – Review 
A Dream Within A Dream - Promo Post 

February 6: 
The Bookmark Blog – Review 
In Wonderland - Review 
Reader Girls – Review 
My Escape - Review 

February 7: 
Doodle's Book Blog - Review 
GingerRead Review – Review 
Blog of a Bookaholic – Review 
Maji Bookshelf – Review 
I Heart YA Books - Review 

February 8: 
Bookmark Belles - Review 
Jeanz Book Read N Review - Promo Post 
Tar Heel Bibliobabe – Review 
YA Reviews and News – Review 
Lovely Reads - Review 
Book Briefs – Review 
Tumbling In Books - Review 
Open the Page - Review 

February 9:
Words I Write Crazy - Review 
Paulette's Papers - Promo Post 
Unputdownable Books - Promo Post 
Pen and Muse - Review 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!