Saturday, February 2, 2013

Week 5 Review: Valkyrie Rising

From Goodreads:
Nothing ever happens in Norway. But at least Ellie knows what to expect when she visits her grandmother: a tranquil fishing village and long, slow summer days. And maybe she'll finally get out from under the shadow of her way-too-perfect big brother, Graham, while she's there. 

What Ellie doesn't anticipate is Graham's infuriating best friend, Tuck, tagging along for the trip. Nor did she imagine boys going missing amid rumors of impossible kidnappings. Least of all does she expect something powerful and ancient to awaken in her and that strange whispers would urge Ellie to claim her place among mythological warriors. Instead of peace and quiet, there's suddenly a lot for a girl from L.A. to handle on a summer sojourn in Norway! And when Graham vanishes, it's up to Ellie—and the ever-sarcastic, if undeniably alluring Tuck—to uncover the truth about all the disappearances and thwart the nefarious plan behind them.

My Review:
I really loved reading this book! It was so fantastic, and while it's becoming more often that Norse mythology is in books, well, the way that it was done in this book was so fresh and unique, and I just loved reading it! So entertaining and great!

I was really thrilled to be in this world, it was a bit mysterious as first, and then things were happening, and it was, what the heck is going on? And then answers were found, before it got even more complicated, and it was just so darned great!

It was really different to have Odin as the bad guy, usually he's the head guy in charge of the good guys, so yeah, having him as the bad guy, that was really fantastic! And just really makes me want to have more of this series then a prequel novella!

And then that ending! Back in the US, but then getting that package with the kick ass outfit, yeah, that was a really awesome ending! And now I just want another book just to have her wear it, because that'd be awesome!

I enjoyed this book so much, it was a really great, awesome book, and I want to read more by Ingrid Paulson!

Author: Ingrid Paulson
Series: Valkyrie #1
Read: January 27th, 2013
Source: Library
Reason Why: I wanted it to be a DAC Book, but I got it too late to be so, so yeah, still wanted to read it because it sounded good!
Publisher: HarperTeen
Published: October 9th 2012
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!