Saturday, February 23, 2013

Week 8 Review: Pretty Little Liars

From Goodreads:
Three years ago, Alison disappeared after a slumber party, not to be seen since. Her friends at the elite Pennsylvania school mourned her, but they also breathed secret sighs of relief. Each of them guarded a secret that only Alison had known. Now they have other dirty little secrets, secrets that could sink them in their gossip-hungry world. When each of them begins receiving anonymous emails and text messages, panic sets in. Are they being betrayed by some one in their circle? Worse yet: Is Alison back? A strong launch for a suspenseful series.

My Review:
So I've been watching the TV show, so I decided that I really had to read the book series that it was based off of! And that was really great decision, because this was such a great, creepy, dark and mysterious book! So enjoyable!

I found it just so many things that these girls would make mistakes, get blackmailed for them, and then make some more mistakes! It's half, didn't you learn from the past experiences, and we're human, and we do make mistakes, and all that complicated stuff!

One thing that I really liked about this book vs. the show, was that we got thoughts from the characters in the book that we didn't get in the show, because of the different media formats. So that was a great plus for the book!

This is the start of the series. So the mystery has just begun, and all the twists and turns that are going to come, I can't wait to read them, because I know they're going to be awesome, and thrilling! Evil waiting to getting around to that!

This was a pretty great book, and I enjoyed it a lot!

Author: Sara Shepard
Series: Pretty Little Liars #1
Read: February 22nd, 2013
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded like a great book, really enjoying the TV Show!
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Published: October 1st 2006
5/5 Hearts
3.5/5 Books
2/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!