Saturday, February 9, 2013

Week 6 Review: If I Lie

From Goodreads:
Quinn's done the unthinkable: she kissed a guy who is not Carey, her boyfriend. And she got caught. Being branded a cheater would be bad enough, but Quinn is deemed a traitor, and shunned by all of her friends. Because Carey's not just any guy—he's serving in Afghanistan and revered by everyone in their small, military town.

Quinn could clear her name, but that would mean revealing secrets that she's vowed to keep—secrets that aren't hers to share. And when Carey goes MIA, Quinn must decide how far she'll go to protect her boyfriend…and her promise.

My Review:
This was a really heart-felt book. If I didn't know that Carey had a good explanation for what she did, even if she couldn't tell it, then I might've though some of the same things about her that the town did. But she did. But she couldn't tell them, and that made it worse.

I didn't know what to expect from this book. I hadn't read any Corrine Jackson books. I will be reading more, because of how much I really freaking loved this book, because this is a book that just needs to be read!

This book is a good example as to why you shouldn't discriminate. It's a really unfortunate human trait, one that I wish was inhumane, but isn't. Because discrimination causes so much pain, from emotional, psychological, and physical.

That it turns out that her boyfriend was gay, and that she knew, and all that stuff, and that they weren't actually dating anymore when she kissed the other guy. And that Carey was beat up by fellow military guys because was gay, yeah, that sucks. This world and the people in it just kinda suck!

This was just such a great book though! Pretty serious subject matter, it was so well written, and I just enjoyed it so much! Really unexpected!

Author: Corrine Jackson
Read: February 2nd, 2013
Source: Library
Reason Why: It sounded like a great book, and it's a SAC 2013 Book and a WTC Book!
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Published: August 28th 2012
5/5 Hearts
3.5/5 Books
3.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!