Saturday, February 9, 2013

Week 6 Review: Break My Heart 1,000 Times

From Goodreads:
Living in the aftermath of the Event means that seeing the dead is now a part of life, but Veronica wishes that the ghosts would just move on. Instead, the ghosts aren't disappearing--they're gaining power. 

When Veronica and her friend, Kirk, decide to investigate why, they stumble upon a more sinister plot than they ever could have imagined. One of Veronica's high school teachers is crippled by the fact that his dead daughter has never returned as a ghost, and he's haunted by the possibility that she's waiting to reappear within a fresh body. Veronica seems like the perfect host. And even if he's wrong, what's the harm in creating one more ghost? 

From critically acclaimed Generation Dead author Daniel Waters, comes a delectably creepy and suspenseful thriller. Break My Heart 1,000 Times will leave readers with the chills. Or is that a ghost reading over the page?

My Review:
This was such a creepy, awesome book! I enjoyed it, and reading it was just a lot of fun, because it was a scary book, but it had a dark kind of lightness, like weight, not light as the sun or the things in the ceiling that illuminate stuff!

This world of ghosts, was really awesome! And Veronica does not like it! And she gets an even bigger reason to not like it, in that a teacher decides that she'd be the perfect host for his daughter. Which means that Veronica's soul would have to go. Yeah.

I'm not quite sure when this book is set. It mentions the "me" generation. Which I think is my generation. Not quite sure, but it could be. But having the "you" generation watching the previous generation screw up and stuff, well, maybe this is set around 2020? That'd be pretty cool!

This was a really great book, sure, I didn't rate it very high overall, but I don't really think I want to buy it, and I don't think I really want to read again. But I did enjoy reading it, so overall it was a pretty great book, and I really enjoyed where it ended!

I only wish that we got to find out when it was set, but yeah, I enjoyed this book a lot!

Author: Daniel Waters
Read: February 8th, 2013
Source: Library
Reason Why: Loved his series, though I had to check it out, and it's a SAC 2013 Book, WTC Book and a 2013 Dystopia Book!
Publisher: Hyperion Book CH
Published: October 16th 2012
5/5 Hearts
2/5 Books
2/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!