Saturday, February 9, 2013

Week 6 Review: Sapphire Blue

From Goodreads:
Gwen's life has been a rollercoaster since she discovered she was the Ruby, the final member of the secret time-traveling Circle of Twelve. In between searching through history for the other time-travelers and asking for a bit of their blood (gross!), she's been trying to figure out what all the mysteries and prophecies surrounding the Circle really mean.

At least Gwen has plenty of help. Her best friend Lesley follows every lead diligently on the Internet. James the ghost teaches Gwen how to fit in at an eighteenth century party. And Xemerius, the gargoyle demon who has been following Gwen since he caught her kissing Gideon in a church, offers advice on everything. Oh, yes. And of course there is Gideon, the Diamond. One minute he's very warm indeed; the next he's freezing cold. Gwen's not sure what's going on there, but she's pretty much destined to find out.

My Review:
Oh, this was a really fantastic! Such a great sequel, and everything that was going on, it was just so fantastic to read about! And the fact that it takes place right after the end of Ruby Red, was really great! But then things are so confusing! I can't wait for the final book!

So that leader Count dude, and how mean he was, and how they had a meeting, and then a party, that he did in that order, and she did in the other, yeah, that was really weird, and crazy, but that's the world that she lives in now!

I really enjoyed her new gargoyle friend, Xemerius, he was so funny, and really helpful, and was just a joy to read about! And what with Gideon being hot and cold, well, having a good, steady group of friends was really great!

And then we find out the reason for the hot and the cold, but then it ends, and oh, man, oh, boy, that was another cliffhanger ending! Because I need more! And we'll finally get some answers with the whole machine thingie!

Such a great book, I enjoyed it a ton, and now I just need to read more!

Author: Kerstin Gier
Series: Ruby Red #2
Read: February 2nd, 2013
Source: Library
Reason Why: I enjoyed book 1, and it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co.
Published: October 30th 2012
5/5 Hearts
3.5/5 Books
3.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!