Saturday, February 2, 2013

Week 5 Review: The Darkest Minds

From Goodreads:
When Ruby woke up on her tenth birthday, something about her had changed. Something alarming enough to make her parents lock her in the garage and call the police. Something that gets her sent to Thurmond, a brutal government “rehabilitation camp.” She might have survived the mysterious disease that’s killed most of America’s children, but she and the others have emerged with something far worse: frightening abilities they cannot control.

Now sixteen, Ruby is one of the dangerous ones.

When the truth comes out, Ruby barely escapes Thurmond with her life. Now she’s on the run, desperate to find the one safe haven left for kids like her—East River. She joins a group of kids who escaped their own camp. Liam, their brave leader, is falling hard for Ruby. But no matter how much she aches for him, Ruby can’t risk getting close. Not after what happened to her parents.

When they arrive at East River, nothing is as it seems, least of all its mysterious leader. But there are other forces at work, people who will stop at nothing to use Ruby in their fight against the government. Ruby will be faced with a terrible choice, one that may mean giving up her only chance at a life worth living.

My Review:
Oh, I enjoyed this book so much! It was just so dark, and creepy, and just awesome! I mean, a, well, plague that kills kids, and if they survive, they have powers that are classified in colours? Myself, I think I'd like to be a Blue, since my favourite colours are Red and Blue, and I don't like fire. And I while I like the Green abilities, Green is my least favourite colour, which kinda sucks for me, since my eyes, from a distance, are green!

So Ruby was awesome! We slowly get her story, from the start where she's entering the camp, and the important bits from those years, and then the main story is from just before a group called the Children's League breaks her out, to when she joins up with them in a deal. And in that, we get how she accidentally used her powers on her parents, how she was captured by the PSF's!

I loved the clue! And then how Ruby figures it out! Because they were thinking EDO, then Ruby thought O could be 0, and making it a part of a zip code, and then figuring out it was actually a radio station! That aired the location in a frequency that only kids that lived through IAAN could hear! So great!

Oh, Clancy! You had potential to be great! But then you were the bad guy! Or one of them, at least! Because this world is in shades of grey! Though Clancy is one of the darkest shades there is, because of his actions in this book!

Wow, I enjoyed this book so much, and I can't wait for more! It was just so good, and that ending! It hurt me!

Author: Alexandra Bracken
Series: The Darkest Minds #1
Read: January 28th, 2013
Source: Library
Reason Why: It sounded fantastic! I Can't wait for book 2! And it's a 2013 Dystopia Book!
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Published: December 1st 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!