Saturday, February 9, 2013

Week 6 Review: Insight

From Goodreads:
Micah hates her ability to "see" things when she touches people. She's terrified of relationships, holds on to guilt over the death of her classmate, Lacey, and has no idea what to do with a vision from Landon, a boy from her school. She feels him falling for her, but Micah doesn't do friends, much less relationships.

Enter a spooky history project about a tragedy from three hundred years ago, and voodoo dolls that Micah somehow feels has to do with her gift. Suddenly she's sure the shadows in the woods are following her every move—without Landon's relaxed attitude about what’s happening in her life, Micah would be sure she's going crazy.

With no ideas on timing or specifics, the visions of both herself and the people she cares about are turning dark—and it appears the shadows around her house do move on their own. But as Micah and Landon try to prevent Micah's visions of the future, the shadows close in, and they're now afraid they've become the cause…

Micah's story is the first of three girls, with unique talents, who are part of a 300 year old tragedy that follows them in the shadows.

My Review:
This was such a spectacular book! I enjoyed it so much, and I'm so glad that I got a chance to be a part of the review tour for the next book, because it meant that I read this one! And this was such a great book! I know the sequel will be to, and I can't wait to read it!

This world, was pretty darned awesome! And dark, what with a series title of shadows, after all. And the fact that it's about three girls, and something about a 300 year old thing that wasn't really in this book, well, I know there are more great things to come!

So the thing about this book, is that it isn't a book where it has a definite bad guy, that hey, they have to fight. It's more the situation, their fates, that they have to fight, with the help, or maybe hindrance, of her abilities. And it was really great to read!

I really enjoyed where it ended, because there was some happiness there, but this is only the first book in the series, so there will be more stuff coming, though they aren't the starts of the next books! And I need to read those next books!

I enjoyed this book a ton, it was really enjoyable! Can't wait to read more!

Author: Jolene Perry
Series: Shadows #1
Read: February 7th, 2013
Source: Because I was reading book 2 for a book tour!
Publisher: Next Door Publishing
Published: September 3rd 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!