Saturday, February 2, 2013

Week 5 Review: The Liar Society

From Goodreads:
Kate Lowry didn't think dead best friends could send e-mails. But when she gets an e-mail from Grace, she's not so sure.

To: KateLowry@pemberlybrown.edu
Sent: Sun 9/14 11:59 PM
From: GraceLee@pemberlybrown.edu
Subject: (no subject)

Kate,
I'm here…
sort of. 
Find Cameron.
He knows.
I shouldn't be writing.
Don't tell.
They'll hurt you.

Now Kate has no choice but to prove once and for all that Grace's death was more than just a tragic accident. But secrets haunt the halls of her elite private school. Secrets people will do anything to protect. Even if it means getting rid of the girl trying to solve a murder...

My Review:
I liked this book a bit. But there was something about it that I just didn't get into, that I didn't really like. And since I've gotten the sequel from NetGalley, well, that's something of a problem, because I only barely got through this book!

I did like this mystery, because it was really mysterious, and there were a lot of clues. But it sucks that a school would have something like this, and I wish that they didn't. I've read books with similar things, but in this one, it rubbed me wrong for some reason!

I did enjoy the team that Kate up with to investigate with, though it's definitely one that had conflicts, seeing as it was her, and then two guys, which might not have been the best choice, but the only real one available.

The flashbacks, to before the fire, were really interesting to read, because they showed why they were friends, and one side of how it got to the point that there was a fire. Still missing a good deal of details, but yeah, really great!

This was a pretty good book, and I enjoyed it!

Authors: Lisa and Laura Roecker
Series: The Liar Society #1
Read: February 1st, 2013
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded good!
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Published: March 1st 2011
4/5 Hearts
3/5 Books
3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!