Saturday, February 2, 2013

Week 5 Review: Ladies in Waiting

From Goodreads:
Eliza dreams of being a playwright for the king's theater, where she will be admired for her witty turns of phrase rather than her father's wealth. Beth is beautiful as the day but poor as a church mouse, so she must marry well, despite her love for her childhood sweetheart. Zabby comes to England to further her scientific studies—and ends up saving the life of King Charles II. Soon her friendship with him becomes a dangerous, impossible obsession. Though she knows she should stay away from the young, handsome king, Charles has a new bride, Queen Catherine, and a queen needs ladies in waiting. And so Zabby, Beth, and Eliza, three Elizabeths from very different walks of life, find themselves at the center of the most scandal-filled court that England has ever seen.

My Review:
I really enjoyed this book, about these three Elizabeth's who become ladies in waiting for the court of King Charles II. I really enjoyed one of her books, and so I just had to read this one, it was YA, and I just love YA!

I really enjoyed reading about three girls who had different nicknames from the same name, and their lives, being the ladies in waiting for the Queen of England. It might not be what they want, but for some of them, it could be a stepping stone on the path to what they do want!

So I didn't know why King Charles II''s court was the most scandal-filled court that England ever saw before I read this book. And then I read this book, and there were so many things going on, lots of plots and manipulations, and yeah, that was only a quick look!

The ending, was pretty sad. One girl, she was dreaming of the day she'd die and go to heaven, and being in heaven. Another was pretty happy, which was great. And the final girl, she was content. But not happy. So it was a bit of a sad ending for me!

I did enjoy it a lot, there were a lot of great things going on in this book to read about!

Author: Laura L. Sullivan
Read: January 29th-30th, 2013
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded like a good book, and it's a Historical Fiction 2013 Book!
Publisher: Harcourt Children's Books
Published: May 8th 2012
5/5 Hearts
3/5 Books
3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!