Saturday, February 2, 2013

Week 5 Review: Desperately Seeking a Duke

From Goodreads:
The only way for vicar's daughter Phoebe Millbury to inherit a family fortune is to find herself a duke—just as her late grandfather demanded in his will. But Phoebe, who's still  trying to make good after a romantic scandal, also has her two cousins to contend with. They're all competing for the same money, maybe even the same men...until Phoebe meets her match in the terribly handsome and charming Rafe Marbrook.

When she receives a marriage proposal from the Marquis of Brookhaven, Phoebe is thrilled to learn that Rafe is headed for dukedom…and accepts his offer. There’s only one problem: It's from Rafe's older, less captivating brother, Calder. Now Phoebe finds herself on the verge of yet another scandal as she faces a desperate choice: Marry Calder for his money—or follow her own heart? Each way can only lead to trouble…

My Review:
I enjoyed reading this book so much! It was so entertaining, overall, the tone was light, but there were issues and conflicts that spruced things up, and kept me and the characters on their toes! Really fantastic to read it!

So Phoebe had a big conflict. On one hand, she wanted to get the inheritance from her grandfather in marrying a duke. But the guy that she fell in love with is the brother of the duke, not the duke himself, so wouldn't count. So there's the choice there!

This book was just so hilarious! The situations that the characters got into, the way that they talked, maybe not so appropriate for the times, but so awesome, was so great to read! I could connect to these characters, they were real!

I found it just hilarious, that they kidnapped the one person who was trying to do what they were trying to do, to break up the wedding! That, yeah, was just too funny, that situation! Though being kidnapped was not a fun experience!

I enjoyed this book so much, so glad that I read it, and now to read more of the series!

Author: Celeste Bradley
Series: Heiress Brides #1
Read: January 29th, 2013
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a Historical Fiction 2013 Book!
Publisher: St. Martin's Paperbacks
Published: March 4th 2008
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!