Saturday, February 16, 2013

Week 7 Review: Betrayal

From Goodreads:
In this action-packed thriller sequel to Envy, foreign exchange student Olivia Grant is stabbed to death after a party--and the prime suspect is her best friend. As twins Hayley and Taylor Ryan get pulled into the aftermath of this Amanda Knox-like crime, they realize nothing is what it seems. Could it be betrayal of the ultimate kind? 

Betrayal features real-life crime-solving techniques, heart-stopping suspense, plenty of red herrings, hard-hitting ethical questions, and information about the Amanda Knox case that inspired the novel. As the crime unravels, so does the twins' past…and they must face off against a family member who may unexpectedly have carried out the worst betrayal of all.

My Review:
Man, this was a really fantastic sequel! I loved spending more time with these characters, the twins who kinda have some supernatural power, and then dealing with these mysteries! And yet, the theme of this book, betrayal, it's a really evil action! So it was good that this book was about fighting it!

The murder mystery that was based off of a real case, just like the last book, was the main focus. But like Envy, this book also dealt with a lot more, had a lot more going on, that was just so fascinating to read about!

I really enjoyed that there was more of the paranormal in this book, with the spaghetti soup, and all that stuff, it was more prominent in this book! And I really enjoyed that! It's just so spooky, and interesting! I wanted more!

I would really, really love for there to be a 3rd book! Things didn't feel done in this book, it feels like the paranormal stuff is only really just beginning, and I want to see where it's going to go! I'm so interesting in it!

This was such a great sequel, and I just want to read more!

Author: Gregg Olsen
Series: Empty Coffin #2
Read: February 11th, 2013
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded great, enjoyed book 1, and it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: Splinter
Published: September 4th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!