Saturday, February 9, 2013

Week 6 Review: Envy

From Goodreads:
Murder is such a dirty word… 

New York Times bestselling adult true crime author Gregg Olsen makes his YA debut with Empty Coffin, a gripping new fiction series for teens based on ripped-from-the-headlines stories…with a paranormal touch.

Crime lives--and dies--in the deceptively picture-perfect town of Port Gamble (aka "Empty Coffin"), Washington. Evil lurks and strange things happen--and 15-year-olds Hayley and Taylor Ryan secretly use their wits and their telepathic "twin-sense" to uncover the truth about the town's victims and culprits. 

Envy, the series debut, involves the mysterious death of the twins' old friend, Katelyn. Was it murder? Suicide? An accident? Hayley and Taylor are determined to find out--and as they investigate, they stumble upon a dark truth that is far more disturbing than they ever could have imagined.

Based on the shocking true crime about cyber-bullying, Envy will take you to the edge--and push you right over.

My Review:
Yeah, I'm really glad that I got the second book! Because that meant that I read this book, and that I'm going to be reading the sequel, because oh, boy, this was a really fantastic book, and I have no doubt that the next one will be, too!

I really enjoyed having all the elements in this book, of the murder, and finding the clues, and then the back story of the twins, and all that stuff, because the slight paranormal tinge was there, and it was just enough, or scarce enough to wet my appetite for more!

The fact that this book was based on real crimes, well, it's really sad that something like this really happened. Bullying is really awful, and there's all these things, but it's never really going to go away, and that really sucks!

The twins were the main focus of the story, as they were investigating the death, but the victim, Katelyn, was a big part of it, seeing she was the one that died and all, and this book took a look at her life. It was sad that she went through that, her, and the real life version of her.

This was a really great, creepy book, and I need to read the sequel!

Author: Gregg Olsen
Series: Empty Coffin #1
Read: February 3rd, 2013
Source: Library
Reason Why: Picked up book 2 from the library, and I like to read in order!
Publisher: Splinter
Published: January 1st 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!