Saturday, February 2, 2013

Week 5 Review: House at the End of the Street

From Goodreads:
Seeking a fresh start, newly divorced Sarah and her daughter Elissa find the house of their dreams in a small, upscale, rural town. But when startling and unexplainable events begin to happen, Sarah and Elissa learn the town is in the shadows of a chilling secret. Years earlier, in the house next door, a daughter killed her parents in their beds, and disappeared - leaving only a brother, Ryan, as the sole survivor. Against Sarah's wishes, Elissa begins a relationship with the reclusive Ryan - and the closer they get, the deeper they're all pulled into a mystery more dangerous than they ever imagined.

My Review:
So I did watch the movie first, that's why I even knew about this book. So I did know what was going to happen in this book, so it wasn't as mysterious as the movie. But it was just as creepy, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it!

Knowing that Ryan was the bad guy, and that Elissa was staring a relationship with him, and knowing that it was a bad idea, I just had to read it, to go on that journey in a book media format! And it was pretty great doing that!

Reading this book, I couldn't help but compare it to the movie, because they tell the same story, just in different mediums, and what changes could've happened from the book to the movie, well, I had to pick them out!

Like the fact that the cop helped cover up Carrie Anne's death, that was a detail in the book that was really great to read about, though not a good one for the characters! But yeah, this was a pretty great book with a great ending!

I enjoyed this book a lot, it was creepy and awesome!

Author: Lily Blake
Read: January 29th, 2013
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded like a great book, and I really enjoyed the movie!
Publisher: Poppy
Published: January 1st 2012
5/5 Hearts
2/5 Books
3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!