Saturday, March 2, 2013

Week 9 Review: Scarlet

From Goodreads:
The fates of Cinder and Scarlet collide as a Lunar threat spreads across the Earth...

Cinder, the cyborg mechanic, returns in the second thrilling installment of the bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She's trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she'll be the Commonwealth's most wanted fugitive.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit's grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn't know about her grandmother or the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother's whereabouts, she is loath to trust this stranger, but is inexplicably drawn to him, and he to her. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana, who will do anything for the handsome Prince Kai to become her husband, her king, her prisoner.

My Review:
Oh, I enjoyed this book so much! It was such a great sequel, and we got to meet new characters, of course, and a new retelling of a new fairy tell, and we also got to progress plots from Cinder, and yeah, this was just an excellent book!

I love this book! I love this series! I love these characters, this writing, these retellings, because they are just so original, organic, and plain readable. This book just cemented the fact that Marissa Meyer is an excellent author!

I really enjoyed having Scarlet and Wolf's story, I read the short story on the Tor website about Wolf's origins, so yeah, together, that added so much to the story, because hey, it's the main part of the story!

And that ending! It was so action-packed, and pretty hard to read, sometimes, what with what was going on, but I just felt compelled to read more, I had to know more! And yeah, while there were some hard bits, all in all, a pretty good ending, seeing as we still have 2 more books in the series!

Loved this book so much, and the wait for Cress is going to be so evil!

Author: Marissa Meyer
Series: Lunar Chronicles #2
Read: February 26th, 2013
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Loved Cinder, and it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book, Sophomore Challenge Book, and a 2013 Dystopia Book!
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Published: February 5th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!