Saturday, November 3, 2012

Week 44 Review: Seizure

From Goodreads:
Ever since Tory Brennan and her friends rescued Cooper, a kidnapped wolf pup with a rare strain of canine parvovirus, they've turned from regular kids into a crime-solving pack! But now the very place that brought them together - the Loggerhead Island Research Institute - is out of funding and will have to shut down. That is, unless the Virals can figure out a way to save it!

So when Tory learns of an old Charleston legend about a famous she-pirate, Anne Bonney, whose fortune was never found, she can't believe her luck - buried treasure is exactly what she needs to save the Institute on Loggerhead! Trouble is, she and her friends aren't the only ones looking for it. And this time, the Virals' special powers may not be enough to dig them out of trouble . . .

My Review:
Oh, I loved reading this book! I enjoyed the first book so much, and so yeah, it was really fantastic to be able to read this one! This is such a great series, and reading it is just a pure joyful thing to do! So interesting and intriguing and awesome!

The characters are still dealing with the fact that they're Virals. Because it was a pretty big change. And then for their parent's workplace to be on it's way to closing, and then having an opportunity to save it, well, that some more big things happening to them!

I really enjoyed the mystery of this book, of looking for the treasure! All the clues, and then also having to deal with him, also on the hunt for the treasure, certainly livened things up! Such awesome writing and plotting!

And I absolutely loved that suggestion that Tory might be a descendent of Anne Bonney, because that would be just perfect, that the treasure would be used to help the Loggerhead Island Research Institute! That would be so cool!

Such a great book, and I can't wait to read 3rd book-I want more!

Author: Kathy Reichs
Series: Virals #2
Read: October 27th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Loved Virals, and it's a Sophomore Reading Challenge book, and a LLFL Book!
Publisher: Razorbill
Published: October 18th 2011
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!