Saturday, December 31, 2011

Week 52 Reviews: Mercy, Exile


From Goodreads:
An electric combination of angels, mystery and romance, MERCY is the first book in a major new paranormal series. 

There's something very wrong with me. I can't remember who I am or how old I am, or even how I got here. All I know is that when I wake up, I could be any one. It is always this way. There's nothing I can keep with me that will stay. It's made me adaptable. I must always re-establish ties. I must tread carefully or give myself away. I must survive. 

Mercy doesn't realise it yet, but as she journeys into the darkest places of the human soul, she discovers that she is one of the celestial host exiled with fallen angel, Lucifer. Now she must atone for taking his side. To find her own way back to heaven, Mercy must help a series of humans in crisis and keep the unwary from getting caught up in the games that angels play. Ultimately she must choose between her immortal companion, Lucifer, and a human boy who risks everything for her love.


From Goodreads:
Mercy's search continues ... 

Mercy is an angel with a shattered memory, exiled from heaven for a crime she can't remember committing. 

So when she 'wakes' inside the body and life of eighteen-year-old Lela Neill, Mercy has only limited recall of her past life. Her strongest memories are of Ryan, the mortal boy who'd begun to fall for her – and she for him. 

Mercy soon discovers that circumstances have forced Lela into waitressing at the Green Lantern, a busy city café frequented by suits, cab drivers, strippers, backpackers and the homeless, while caring for her terminally ill mother. 

Just as Mercy is adjusting to Lela's life, her beloved, Luc, reappears in her dreams, and she begins to glimpse her true nature and true feelings for Ryan. What she does not know is that her attempts to contact Ryan may have explosive consequences for everyone around her. 

Meanwhile, 'the Eight' — the angelic beings responsible for her banishment — remain determined to keep Mercy and Luc apart, forever …


My Review:
Oh, oh, oh, I just loved these books! Awesome angel books, about Mercy, an angel that fell, and to atone, is put into human bodies just before something bad's about to happen to them, so she can save their lives. Well, that's basically what happened, whether the intent or not.

I loved Mercy, and how she adapts to each life, learning about it, and things about humanity along the way. After all, she has a love named Luc, and she fell with Lucifer, but she's not a demon, as far as I could tell, because she was helping people, not hurting them.

I loved Ryan, too, because it's into someone close to him that Mercy first joins his life, and then in Exile, when she contacts him, then he basically comes running, and yeah, that was just epic. But then what happened in the cafe where she worked? That was not a pleasant thing for anyone to experience.

These books left me wanting more, more Mercy, more Ryan, more about what the eight are doing, who is Luc, and is he who I think he is? And yeah, there were some really fantastic characters in this series, even the bad guy that kidnaps Mercy in the first one (by fantastic, I don't mean quality of character, but realness and that kind of thing)

These were 2 great books, and I can't wait to read more in this series when they come out!!!

Author: Rebecca Lim
Series: Mercy #1, 2
Read: December 28th-30th, 30th, 2011
Source: Library
Reason Why: Looked really good!
Publisher: HarperCollins Children's Books
Published: October 19th 2010, April 28th 2011

Mercy:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Exile:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!