Saturday, December 10, 2011

Week 49 Review: Give Up the Ghost

From Goodreads:
Cass McKenna much prefers ghosts over "breathers." Ghosts are uncomplicated and dependable, and they know the dirt on everybody…and Cass loves dirt. She's on a mission to expose the dirty secrets of the poseurs in her school.

But when the vice president of the student council discovers her secret, Cass's whole scheme hangs in the balance. Tim wants her to help him contact his recently deceased mother, and Cass reluctantly agrees.
As Cass becomes increasingly entwined in Tim's life, she's surprised to realize he's not so bad—and he needs help more desperately than anyone else suspects. Maybe it's time to give the living another chance…
My Review:
This was a nice, fun, quick read. It was really great, and yeah, just loved it! The ghost were funny, if a bit outdated, or peeping tom-ish in one case. Cass was such a great character, thought Tim, I didn't like so much, because of his reactions to the hard things in life.

This book was a bit harder, simply because in it's title is a hard topic, well, linked. Ghost implies death, because how can you have a ghost without death? Death is a hard topic, and it was explored in this book, because of Tim's favour of Cass. And how he reacts to it in the beginning, yeah, didn't like that.

There were also person issues, and a shouting match, and forgiveness, and some really touching scenes. I really enjoyed them, because they added to the book.

This was a great little read, so I hope you guys check it out! Glad that it was short because I was a day and a half behind on my reading before I read this. Then I was only a day behind. Yep.

Author: Megan Crewe
Read: December 8th, 2011
Source: Library
Reason Why: Looked interesting, loved the cover, really enjoyed The Way We Fall. Yep.
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co.
Published: September 15th 2009
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!