Saturday, December 31, 2011

Week 52 Review: Tithe

From Goodreads:
Sixteen-year-old Kaye is a modern nomad. Fierce and independent, she travels from city to city with her mother's rock band until an ominous attack forces the sixteen-year-old back to her childhood home. There, amid the industrial, blue-collar New Jersey backdrop, Kaye soon finds herself an unwilling pawn in an ancient power struggle between two rival faerie kingdoms -- a struggle that could very well mean her death.

My Review:
Oh, what a great book! And while it was confusing at times, especially the beginning, and a bit of the end, it was a fantastic book, great characters, wonderful world building, a world that would be pretty scary to occupy, because it is a book about the darker side of faeries, like Changelings.

Kaye was pretty awesome, I loved her, and her adventures that she goes on, she's had a different life then most kids, moving around a lot with her mom's band, until you, the attack. And the realization that she isn't human, isn't the daughter of her mom, and things just get complicated!

There were some really fantastic characters in this book, good and evil, and something was that the Seelie court, they weren't all good, and yeah, that creepiness was just really awesome!

I loved this book, and I can't wait to see more of this world, and these characters, and what's going to happen next!!!

Author: Holly Black
Series: The Modern Faerie Tales #1
Read: December 27th-30th, 2011
Source: Library
Reason Why: I just kinda checked out all of Holly Black's books. Yep.
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Published: October 1st 2002
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!