Saturday, December 10, 2011

Week 49 Review: A Beautiful Dark

From Goodreads:
On the night of Skye's seventeenth birthday, she meets two enigmatic strangers. Complete opposites; like fire and ice; Asher is dark and wild, while Devin is fair and aloof. Their sudden appearance sends Skye's life into a tailspin. She has no idea what they want, or why they seem to follow her every move only that their presence coincides with a flurry of strange events. Soon she begins to doubt not just the identity of the two boys, but also the truth about her own past.

In the dead of a bitingly cold Colorado winter, Skye finds herself coming to terms with the impossible secret that threatens to shatter her world. Torn between Asher, who she can't help falling for, and Devin, who she can't stay away from, the consequences of Skye's choice will reach further than the three of them could ever imagine.

My Review:
I really, really, really, really wanted to read this book! And so glad that I did, it was so amazing! It had such a unique myth of not existence, but history of how they got to the point that they did. Of Skye, Asher, and Devin. Amazing! 

Loved the romance, the love triangle, because Devin didn't want to be a part of it, and Asher did pretty much anything he could to make Skye jealous. Which hurt a whole lot of other girls, so that didn't work out too much on that side. But they worked together once they told her. And boy was that fun to read! But I preferred Asher, because he was actually putting his heart on the line, Devin did too, but he didn't want to. Yep.

Her background was really sad, with her parents dying and her miraculously surviving. And then what she finds out near the end...I wouldn't want to be the bad guys there!

The ending was so great! So nail-biting, I want book 2 right now!!!!! It was so good! And it just needs to be read again soon because I want to read more about Skye, Devin, and Asher!

Read this book now if you haven't because it's just amazing!

Author: Jocelyn Davies
Series: A Beautiful Dark #1
Read: December 4th, 2011
Source: Library
Reason Why: Beautiful cover, and it sounds amazing!
Publisher: HarperTeen
Published: September 27th 2011

5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!