Friday, December 16, 2011

Air: Review

From Goodreads:
It was a rough start to the school year for Shayna and her friends, Jodi and Steven, but thankfully summer break is near. Trying to sort out her feelings for the new guy in town, Shayna agrees to let Jensen join her on a group date with her friends. While out they end up at a local coffee house where their classmate, social outcast Jeremy McCormick, is humiliated by his baseball star brother. When Jeremy runs away from the jeering crowd, Shayna and Jodi hear the unmistakable sound of a thousand wings chasing after him, but no one else seems to hear them. These are not like any air elementals that Shayna or Jodi have ever encountered before and they fear Jeremy has gotten himself tangled up in something too dangerous for him to handle. But when Shayna tries to help Jeremy control his magical abilities she realizes it might be the biggest mistake of her life.

My Review:
Oh, great book! I know, this review is coming supremely late, but I was stupid and took off more then I could chew. That's why I only got around to reading this book almost 6 months later. Opps. I'm really sorry! I've now read Air, and now for the review!

So it's been the better part of a school year since the events of Earth, and since then, Shayna, Jodi, and Steven have been working on their gifts, and Shayna especially on the extra power boost that she got. And things are pretty good, until someone with extremely powerful Air magic comes along, and fairies recruit Shayna to solve the problem, but the thing is, she doesn't know what she's fighting, she knows who is the puppet, but not the puppet-master.

One thing that was a bit annoying, was that they were looking for Jeremy, and they confronted him a few times, but due to what happened each time, he disappears, they deal with with the problems, but they don't mention a quick thought about, "where did he go?" And this happened a few times, and it was a bit irritating. But other then that, it was really really great book!

The first book was more present stuff, new things, demons, ext, and this one, was more, remembering, past, and fairies, which I think spreads the books into new areas, so each book is fresh, and new, and something different to say without spreading itself too thin, after all, its areas that had been covered briefly before, with the whole Fae/Jodi, so this was just an exploration of that side. Can't wait to see where the 3rd book will be going!

And the romance, well, I really liked them together in the first book, but after the events in Earth, she's not able to really trust him, and while their physical relationship progressed, their emotional one deteriorated, and I don't think it'll last too long in the next book, and that she'll move on to someone who really accepts her, understands her, and that's what the characters really need.

This was a great book, can't wait for the 3rd book! Check it out!

Author: Shauna Granger
Series: Elemental #2
Read: May 8th, 2012
Source: A Tale of Many Reviews Review Copy
Reason Why: Sounded interesting!
Published: September 26th 2011

5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
3.5/5 Stars
Bio:
I don’t do well talking about myself. So as basics go, I have recently self-published the first two books in my Elemental Series, Earth and Air, Young Adult Urban Fantasy novels. Look for the third installment, Water, coming in 2012!

I have been working on the Elemental Series for the last four years and plan for it to be a 5 book series. It was a hard decision to self-publish but it’s been an exciting and terrifying ride.

You can find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Shauna-…

And to my readers (or fans of my covers), I have beautiful bookmarks that I would love to share with you. If you’d like one, drop me a note with your contact info and I’d be happy to send you one!

Contact and Buy AKA Links:

5 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed I when this I am getting Earth for Christmas I can not wait to read this series sounds so awesome. berrylicious_cutie(at)hotmail(.)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see the review? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stop on the tour and thanks for the great review!
    veltara(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. XD I need to read Earth! Thanks for the post!
    tirnanog77@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the review.

    Morganlafey86(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!