Saturday, December 10, 2011

Week 49 Review: Beautiful Creatures

From Goodreads:
Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power, and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.
In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.
My Review:
I'd actually read this book before. And it was just as good as it was last time! Though I thought the ending was a bit bam-bam-bam, it wasn't in the way that I thought it was. Guess the passage of time clouded my memory, which really isn't hard to do, what with my bad memory!

Anyway, loved the Casters, and how unique they were, and the history, and how backwards, stubborn, and downright rude that most people in Gatlin treated Lena! Hated that part! But it made the book so much better! Loved that part, though. I was just so frustrated, they were so unacceptable of outsiders, just because they weren't from Gatlin.

And I loved their communication! And how that means that Ethan must have a supernatural or something in his background! So unique! Love unique things! Yep.

This was just an excellent, wonderful, amazing book that is really long, so I hope you guys check it out!

Authors: Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Series: Casters Chronicles #1
Read: December 5th, 2011
Source: Library
Reason Why: Follow that Blurb Reading Challenge Book
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Published: December 1st 2009
 5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. I saw the movie, didn't really like it. Hopefully, the book will be better. Great review!

    Asmita,
    rayofss.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the book was better than the book, but there were some problems other people have pointed out :) Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!