Saturday, December 24, 2011

Week 51 Review: Inheritance

From Goodreads:
Not so very long ago, Eragon—Shadeslayer, Dragon Rider—was nothing more than a poor farm boy, and his dragon, Saphira, only a blue stone in the forest. Now the fate of an entire civilization rests on their shoulders.

Long months of training and battle have brought victories and hope, but they have also brought heartbreaking loss. And still, the real battle lies ahead: they must confront Galbatorix. When they do, they will have to be strong enough to defeat him. And if they cannot, no one can. There will be no second chances. 

The Rider and his dragon have come further than anyone dared to hope. But can they topple the evil king and restore justice to Alagaësia? And if so, at what cost?


My Review:
This was a fantastic book! Great ending to the series, where they finally bring Galbatorix down, and while the wrap up ending on that was about 150 pages, yeah, this was a pretty fantastic book, and I really enjoyed this end of series!!!

I think my especially favourite part was the hope that the additionally eggs represented, that life would keep going, and my be even better, after they won, that they weren't fighting just for freedom, they were fighting for a future that had hope and had the potential to be good.

And how all everything from the past 3 books, just came together, that there weren't any loose ends that I could think of. And yeah, that's something that should be expected from a 4 book series!

I enjoyed this book, the ending might be a bit bittersweet, but yeah, I really liked it, and yeah, I can't wait to see what he writes next!!!

Author: Christopher Paolini
Series: Inheritance #4
Read: December 23rd-25th, 2012
Source: School Library
Reason Why: Must finish this series!
Publisher: Random House
Published: November 8th 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books

3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!