Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Day-Driving, Book Shopping, and Movie

Most of today was rather normal for a non-school day. I slept in, then read for the rest of the time. But at 5:30, we left home so I could drive my mother and I to the movies to see Breaking Dawn part 1. She made me drive, since I still have to get my drivers.

The drive there was OK, and we made a quick drop off at the library for some overdue/due books, and then at Market Mall to exchange a Christmas present that was too small. Then we went to Chinook mall, which has Chapters, and Cineplex. I went to the chapters, and I had $165, CAD. I had made a list, of 15 books, with their prices normally, without the irewards discount. They were Touch of Power, Shatter Me, Fallen, Torment, Spirit Bound, Wither, A Feast for Crows, Inside, In Close, Carrier of the Mark, Before I Fall, I Am Number Four, Unearthly and Soul Screamers Volume 1. Plus Devoted if I had enough money.

I get there, and I find that Wolfsbane is in paperback, which since I like having my books in the same format, and I have Nightshade in paperback, and it didn't say that they had Wolfsbane in paperback, I didn't have on my list.

So I get Wolfsbane, and put back I Am Number Four. I then go to the checkout, planning to get my books, and renewing my card, for the usual $20.

I get to the front, in a bit of a panic, since my movie was to start in about 10 minutes. I check out the books, and ask for a renewal. Turns out that is now $35. I first take Unearthly, then Before I Fall, off my pile. And they didn't update my card, or give me the coupon booklet! I could've gotten a good few more books with that $35! So I was a bit mad at that especially with the lack of the coupon booklet.

But I didn't realize that until after I started watching the movie. So that part of the day has been up and down. I got some awesome books, but I also wasted a bit of money, since I could've gotten those 3 that I had to ditch, and The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, Crossed, or something. So yeah, love the books being on my shelves, but I wish I could've gotten some more!

Then I went to the movie, which was a bit of a challenge in this skirt that I had rolled up, but fell down, the plastic bag with the books feeling like it was breaking, and running up the escalators since they were broken, so people were coming up and down on the one. That was...fun...not.

The actual movie, I enjoyed mostly, since I didn't have any money for food, but my mom gave me a third of her popcorn, and then I was thirsty, and didn't really get anything to drink until about 20 min ago. And yeah, I want to watch the part 2. Yep.

Hope you guys got some really good books for Christmas, I finally got mine! Ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!