Saturday, December 10, 2011

Week 49 Review: Radiance

From Goodreads:
Riley has crossed the bridge into the afterlife—a place called Here, where time is always Now. She has picked up life where she left off when she was alive, living with her parents and dog in a nice house in a nice neighborhood. When she's summoned before The Council, she learns that the afterlife isn't just an eternity of leisure. She’s been assigned a job, Soul Catcher, and a teacher, Bodhi, a possibly cute, seemingly nerdy boy who's definitely hiding something. They return to earth together for Riley's first assignment, a Radiant Boy who’s been haunting a castle in England for centuries. Many Soul Catchers have tried to get him to cross the bridge and failed. But all of that was before he met Riley . . .

My Review:
Such a cute book! Not what I'd normally read, becuase it's more for tweens then teens. But I enjoyed it. It was a lot of fun! And the learning to fly thing...loved that!

This book was really short, like I said, it's for tweens, so I read it really quickly-and good thing, too, since I was behind on my reading-and while the description up there covers maybe half the book or so. I half liked it, half didn't, because the other half of the book was linked to the Radiant Boy thing, but there wasn't a happy reunion thing.

Enjoyed reading about Riley, she was a lot of fun, if bratty, but she knew she was bratty, and she tried to tone it down, so that was good.

This was just a nice, fun, easy read for anyone between 11-14 if they are ok with death. Yep.

Author: Alyson Noel
Series: Riley Bloom #1
Read: December 5th, 2011
Source: Library
Reason Why: Really enjoy Alyson Noel's writing, and wanted to see Ever's sister :)
Publisher: Square Fish
Published: August 24th 2010
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!