Friday, December 30, 2011

First Lines Friday #26, December 30th

First Lines Friday is a bookish meme hosted by Literary Marie of Precision Reviews. We encourage all of our fellow book bloggers and bookhearts to play along.

-Grab your current read(s)
-Share the first line(s)
-Include the title and author so that other FLF participants can add the book to their TBR Lists!

"My name is Marina, as of the sea, but I wasn't called that until much later. In the beginning I was known merely as Seven, one of the nine surviving Garde from the planet Lorien, the fate of which, and still is, left in our hands. Those of us who aren't lost. Those of us still alive." -The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore

"In Gatlin, it's funny how the good things are all tied up with the bad. Sometimes it's hard to tell which is which. But either way, you end up taking your sugar with your salt and your kicks with your kisses, as Amma would say. I don't know if it's like that everywhere." -Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

"Monsters don't exist. I had been telling myself that for nearly a week. But it was the sort of night you could almost believe in them. A bone-white moon hung in a field punctuated with bright starts, and dark clouds moved across the sky like slow moving barges. It was nearly Halloween, and despite the cobwebs, giant spiders, tombstones, skulls, and electronic screams, it was a pleasant night. But I didn't feel pleasant." -Night of the Living Dead Christian by Matt Mikalatos


"At the very beginning, she had seen his face and knew he would not let her live. She couldn't plead with him, he'd sealed her mouth shut. No way to beg, to appeal to his humanity. He had no humanity. Why hadn't she seen it before? Had she been so blind that when he looked at her she couldn't see the hatred, the anger, the sick lust?" -Speak No Evil by Allison Brennan.
 
Well, those are a few different types of lines! From some very different books, but I'm enjoying all of them! What about you guys? Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!