Saturday, March 10, 2012

Week 10 Review: Rotters

From Goodreads:
Grave-robbing. What kind of monster would do such a thing? It's true that Leonardo da Vinci did it, Shakespeare wrote about it, and the resurrection men of nineteenth-century Scotland practically made it an art. But none of this matters to Joey Crouch, a sixteen-year-old straight-A student living in Chicago with his single mom. For the most part, Joey's life is about playing the trumpet and avoiding the daily humiliations of high school.
     
Everything changes when Joey's mother dies in a tragic accident and he is sent to rural Iowa to live with the father he has never known, a strange, solitary man with unimaginable secrets. At first, Joey's father wants nothing to do with him, but once father and son come to terms with each other, Joey's life takes a turn both macabre and exhilarating.

My Review:
This was a pretty morbid book. I mean, I'm used to death in the abstract from crime tv shows, but this book took it to another level! Just the descriptions of the bodies, yeah, those were pretty freaky!

You can feel bad for Joey because if hiss mom hadn't died, then he wouldn't have gone down this path. He wouldn't have been offered these bad choices in the first place, and he wouldn't have been bullied for being the Garbage Man's son.

These characters were real, from Joey, his dad, Harnett, and Baby. Yeah, Baby was pretty awful, and I didn't like reading about him, but he was real. Which can't be said of everyone!

I enjoyed this book a lot, it was dark and entertaining!

Author: Daniel Kraus
Read: March 9th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: I wanted to!
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Published: April 5th 2011
4/5 Hearts
3/5 Books
3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!