Saturday, March 10, 2012

Week 10 Review: Hourglass

From Goodreads:
One hour to rewrite the past . . . 

For seventeen-year-old Emerson Cole, life is about seeing what isn't there: swooning Southern Belles; soldiers long forgotten; a haunting jazz trio that vanishes in an instant. Plagued by phantoms since her parents' death, she just wants the apparitions to stop so she can be normal. She's tried everything, but the visions keep coming back.

So when her well-meaning brother brings in a consultant from a secretive organization called the Hourglass, Emerson's willing to try one last cure. But meeting Michael Weaver may not only change her future, it may change her past.

Who is this dark, mysterious, sympathetic guy, barely older than Emerson herself, who seems to believe every crazy word she says? Why does an electric charge seem to run through the room whenever he's around? And why is he so insistent that he needs her help to prevent a death that never should have happened?

My Review:
This was a really fantastic book! I'm really glad that I won it, though I know I would've read it, regardless, because it sounded so freaking amazing! And it was! I just loved this idea of these various powers being collected, and I haven't seen X-Men, but I think these powers were pretty different from that comic book/movie series!

Em and Michael were just awesome! Em's been dealing with seeing ghosts, basically, since her parents' death, and yeah, when Michael is brought in to help her, there's this instant connection. And I just wanted to explore it some more!

That ending was really great! All that careful precision, and hope, for a happy ending, because between the fire, and the bad guys, it was very possible to mess things up. And since this is the start of the series, well, yeah, it didn't go as good as planned. But they're all alive, so that's good!

This was such a fantastic book, I enjoyed it so much, and I can't wait to read more!

Author: Myra McEntire
Series: Hourglass #1
Read: March 9th, 2012
Source: Won
Reason Why: I wanted to, I mean, look at the cover!
Publisher: Egmont USA
Publisher: June 14th 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!