Saturday, March 10, 2012

Week 10 Review: Scored

From Goodreads:
Set in the future when teenagers are monitored via camera and their recorded actions and confessions plugged into a computer program that determines their ability to succeed. All kids given a "score" that determines their future potential. This score has the ability to get kids into colleges, grant scholarships, or destroy all hope for the above. Scored's reluctant heroine is Imani, a girl whose high score is brought down when her best friend's score plummets. Where do you draw the line between doing what feels morally right and what can mean your future? Friendship, romance, loyalty, family, human connection and human value: all are questioned in this fresh and compelling dystopian novel set in the scarily forseeable future.


My Review:
This was a really short book. But I enjoyed it a lot, it was really entertaining, and just the idea that this is what our society could become, well, that's a pretty scary thought! But it's just like watching a thriller movie, you know it's coming, but you can help but watch!

The morality dilemma of this book was really captivating. Doing the right thing when it goes against society, or just doing nothing, and letting something pretty bad happen? It's not an easy choice, especially if you have to make it alone. Everything's easier with a bit of help!

I really hope for a sequel. I know it's unlikely that we'll get one, but the mystery of the missing wife is there, and I would really like to know how it was resolved! I guess I'll just have to hope and pray that we get a sequel!

Scored was a really interesting and scary and great book, I enjoyed it so much!

Author: Lauren McLaughin
Read: March 5th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: I wanted to! And it's a 2012 Dystopian novel!
Publisher: Random House Books for Young Readers
Published: October 25th 2011
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!