Saturday, March 10, 2012

Week 10 Review: Ripple

From Goodreads:
Lexi is cursed with a dark secret. The water calls to her, draws her in, forces her to sing her deadly song to unsuspecting victims. If she succumbs, she kills. If she doesn't, the pain is unbearable. To keep herself and those she cares about safe, she shuts herself off, refusing to make friends or fall in love-again. Because the last time she fell in love with a boy, he ended up dead. 

Then Lexi finds herself torn. Against her better judgement, she's opening up again, falling in love with someone new when she knows she shouldn't. But when she's offered the chance to finally live a normal life, she learns that the price she must pay to be free or her curse is giving him up.

My Review:
I enjoyed this book a lot! I loved that Lexi was cursed, and the details of the curse! Because it's a lot like sirens, and yeah, Lexi was cursed, so yeah, that was a lot of fun to read! Such great conflict-and romance!

I can see what she shut herself away, and I can relate, because I've done the same thing, but not because I kill the people I love. More to protect me. But anyways. I really enjoyed this, and then the mystery of how she can be free of the curse.

This ending, it hurt. I mean, I loved how the author stayed true to the characters, that the happy ending wasn't allowed to stay, that there was some unhappiness in Stephan's death. Even if it caused her pain, she kept it. And I liked that a lot!

Ripple was a pretty awesome book, short and great! I loved it a lot!

Author: Mandy Hubbard
Read: March 5th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: I wanted to read it, and it became a reward challenge book!
Publisher: Razorbill/Penguin
Published: July 21st 2011
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!