Saturday, March 10, 2012

Week 10 Review: Uncommon Criminals

From Goodreads:
Katarina Bishop has worn a lot of labels in her short life life. Friend. Niece. Daughter. Thief. But for the last two months she's simply been known as the girl who ran the crew that robbed the greatest museum in the world. That’s why Kat isn't surprised when she’s asked to steal the infamous Cleopatra Emerald so it can be returned to its rightful owners. 

There are only three problems. First, the gem hasn't been seen in public in thirty years. Second, since the fall of the Egyptian empire and the suicide of Cleopatra, no one who holds the emerald keeps it for long, and in Kat's world, history almost always repeats itself. But it's the third problem that makes Kat's crew the most nervous and that is simply… the emerald is cursed. 

Kat might be in way over her head, but she's not going down without a fight. After all she has her best friend—the gorgeous Hale—and the rest of her crew with her as they chase the Cleopatra around the globe, dodging curses, realizing that the same tricks and cons her family has used for centuries are useless this time. 

Which means, this time, Katarina Bishop is making up her own rules.

My Review:
This book was so awesome! I loved the first book, and I just dived into this one! I loved the plans for this mission, and how they worked it out, and how complicated it became, and yeah, this was just one really great book!

I just loved being in this world again! And having these characters again! And planning this new heist! That her family had planned to steal it before, but didn't, that was a nice little conflict of wills, I enjoyed that, but the older generation helped in the end, that was really great!

Just the idea that a stone could be cursed, in this modern age, seems a bit silly. But there was all those various cases where bad things happened to those who owned it, and yeah, that just make a little bit of doubt trickle in!

That ending! I just loved the twists and turns that led to that ending, they were smart, they made sense, and they just pumped everything up! I mean, they were just so clever! But Kat has been raised in this world, so she should be able to come up with her own rules, as the synopsis says!

This book was a perfect sequel, and it has simultaneously fulfilled a need for more of this series, and started up a need for more!

Author: Ally Carter
Series: Heist Society #2
Read: March 4th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: I wanted to!
Publisher: Hyperion Book CH
Published: June 21st 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!