Saturday, December 1, 2012

Week 48 Review: Damaged

From Goodreads:
Haunted by the death of her sister and wounded by her ex-fiance's accusations, Kate Lange throws herself into her new career at a high-powered law firm. When the grandmother of a lonely private school student seeks her counsel, Kate thinks it's just another custody case. But then the teen is brutally murdered. And it isn't only Kate who wonders if her legal advice led to the girl's death.

Put on notice by Randall Barrett, the firm's charismatic managing partner, Kate must fight for her career, for her reputation--and for redemption.

Unwilling to live with the damage she may have caused, Kate pursues the case on her own and unearths some chilling facts.

Facts that lead straight to the heart of a legal conspiracy.

Facts that lead Kate directly into the surgically skilled hands of the Body Butcher.

My Review:
I just had to read this book! I enjoyed it so much, and yeah, I'm so glad that a) I read a teaser of it and The Iron King, and that b) that I found the 3rd book, and really enjoyed it, so I could go back, and read this book!

I loved the mystery in this book, because Kate was working to protect her career, as well as deal with a pretty horrible incident that her advice maybe lead to it. And that was a really compelling story to read about!

I really enjoyed the mystery, and while it was dark and twisted, well, there was a point to it was needs about the same descriptors, because yeah, serial killer, what can you expect? Not much, but the negative, bad stuff!

The mystery was really great, and with the characters being absolutely loveable, I enjoyed so much about this book! So great, and entertaining, and I'm really glad that it's a series! I'm going to have to read book #2 soonish!

Really great, I'm going to have to read the rest of this series!

Author: Pamela Callow
Series: Kate Lange #1
Read: November 27th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Read the 3rd book, and wanted to read more of the series, though interesting side note, I read an excerpt of this before it came out (along with The Iron King) and then I forgot the titles of both, but now I've found them both, so that was nice!
Publisher: Mira
Published: June 1st 2010
5/5 Hearts
2/5 Books
3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!