Friday, December 9, 2011

First Lines Friday #23, December 9th

 First Lines Friday is a bookish meme hosted by Literary Marie of Precision Reviews. We encourage all of our fellow book bloggers and bookhearts to play along. 

-Grab your current read(s) 
-Share the first line(s) 
-Include the title and author so that other FLF participants can add the book to their TBR Lists!


"The chairs in the lobby of Discriminating Nannies, Inc., were less comfortable than they looked. I sat stiffly in the one nearest the exit, where. feeling like an impostor in my gray herringbone suit from Goodwill, I coudl watch the competition come and go. I'd had some trouble walking up the steps from the subway in my low pumps and narrow skirt." -Jane by April Linder

Really enjoyed this book, and that just doesn't sound comfortable! Yeah for a retelling of Jane Eyre! What about you guys? Happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. Low pumps and a narrow skirt is nothing to walk in! Easy stroll. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I've worn neither, I have absolutely no input :) But Jane seems to be like me in that regards, at least before that day :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!