Saturday, January 7, 2012

Week 1 Review: Saving June

From Goodreads:
When her older sister commits suicide and her divorcing parents decide to divide the ashes, Harper Scott takes her sister's urn to the one place June always wanted to go: California. On the road with her best friend, plus an intriguing guy with a mysterious connection to June, Harper discovers truths about her sister, herself and life.


My Review:
While the initial premise of this book is sad, dealing with the ashes of her dead sister, this is a book of growth, of moving on from grief, of living life in spite of the losses that have been suffered, and yeah, it also had some really great light moments, too!

I really enjoyed Lacey, and Jake, the musical boy that they pick up along the way, and how they all interact with each other, stuck in the car with one another, yeah, sometimes things were tough, but ultimately they are pretty close friends (and maybe more between Harper and Jake!)

This is a road trip book, because they are not close to California, and this is the journey of how they go from home to where Jane wanted to go. It's also an emotional road trip, from the pain of loss, to getting using to it, and being able to live a daily life, of survival, and making peace with what happened.

This was a really spectacular book, one I really enjoyed, and I can't wait to read what Hannah Harrington writes next!

Author: Hannah Harrington
Read: January 4th-6th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded good, wanted to read it!
Publisher: Harlequin
Published: November 22nd 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!