Saturday, December 14, 2013

Week 50 Review: The Assassin's Curse

From Goodreads:
Ananna of the Tanarau abandons ship when her parents try to marry her off to another pirate clan. But that only prompts the scorned clan to send an assassin after her. When Ananna faces him down one night, armed with magic she doesn't really know how to use, she accidentally activates a curse binding them together. 

To break the spell, Ananna and the assassin must complete three impossible tasks--all while grappling with evil wizards, floating islands, haughty manticores, runaway nobility, strange magic...and the growing romantic tension between them.

My Review:
This was such a fantastic book! Ananna was such a kick ass female, an a pirate to boot, who wouldn't take an arraigned marriage, and stood up for herself. Though it didn't end quite as well as she could want, having an assassin after her, and then being magically linked to him!

Yeah, loved this world, that they're pirates, which is so awesome! And then there's the magic, and awesome, unique monsters and magic, and yeah, it's not the end, so there's going to be more in the next book-there has to be!

Loved how their relationship developed, from him trying to kill her, to her saving his life, and bringing on the curse, which led to the tasks, which as they accomplish, they learn more about each other, and that, plus a spark, leads to the start of a pretty good relationship, even if they haven't kissed yet!

There were a few things left open in this book, things that I really want to know, that we hopefully get in the next book, or in the novellas, which I haven't read yet, but I will! Because I want to know more about these characters and this world!

Such a great story, so entertaining, and I can't wait for more!

Author: Cassandra Rose Clarke
Series: The Assassin's Curse #1
Read: December 7th, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: Strange Chemistry
Published: October 2nd 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!