Saturday, December 21, 2013

Week 51 Review: The Madness Underneath

From Goodreads:
After her near-fatal run-in with the Jack the Ripper copycat, Rory Deveaux has been living in Bristol under the close watch of her parents. So when her therapist suddenly suggests she return to Wexford, Rory jumps at the chance to get back to her friends. But Rory's brush with the Ripper touched her more than she thought possible: she's become a human terminus, with the power to eliminate ghosts on contact. She soon finds out that the Shades--the city's secret ghost-fighting police--are responsible for her return. The Ripper may be gone, but now there is a string of new inexplicable deaths threatening London. Rory has evidence that the deaths are no coincidence. Something much more sinister is going on, and now she must convince the squad to listen to her before it's too late.

My Review:
Oh, I really enjoyed reading this book! It was absolutely spectacular, and I loved being in this world again, to mentally walk the streets of London as the dark and creepy prowled them, and yeah, dealing both with what happened in The Name of the Star, and some new things, as well!

So Rory is traumatized after what happened, so she's been living with her parents in Bristol, seeing a therapist, who, of course, Rory can't tell the truth about what happened-she'd be sent to the looney bin as fast as you can say, "ghost."

So yeah, I really liked that there were consequences to what happened, that it didn't just go one, willy nilly, because life isn't like that, so yeah, returning to London after the time away, facing her demons, that was good for Rory, and on top of that, getting back into helping the Shades, well, that might not be as good for her, but it's good for London, what with her new power!

That cliffhanger!! It's killing me, and it leaves things very ready for the 3rd and final book, and I want to know what's going to happen to the characters next! I mean, it was a total shock what happened, and the characters are going to be reeling in the next book, and I want to see that!

This was a really wonderful book, and I can't wait to read The Shadow Cabinet!!!

Author: Maureen Johnson
Series: Shades of London #2
Read: December 20th, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: Putnum Juvenile
Published: February 26th 2012
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!