Saturday, December 21, 2013

Week 51 Review: Legacy of the Clockwork Key

From Goodreads:
When a fire consumes Meg’s home, killing her parents and destroying both her fortune and her future, all she has left is the tarnished pocket watch she rescued from the ashes. But this is no ordinary timepiece. The clock turns out to be a mechanical key—a key that only Meg can use—that unlocks a series of deadly secrets and intricate clues that Meg is compelled to follow.

Together with the handsome stable hand she barely knows but hopes she can trust, Meg is swept into a hidden world of deception, betrayal, and revenge, uncovering evidence of an elite secret society and a dangerous invention that some will stop at nothing to protect.

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading this book! Awesome mystery, great characters, and one easy way to describe, at least this book, would be as a historical treasure hunt thriller. I mean, there's the ominous villain, there's a clue that leads to the next, to the next, to the next, leading to the treasure!

One thing I will say, I'm glad that I don't live in those times, without insurance and stuff. I mean, she goes from being middle class, to having to live in a precarious, very rigid and weird lifestyle as a maid, setting things up in the house as they had been on a certain day. And that wouldn't have happened if her family had had insurance!

Meg and Will are an awesome couple! You wouldn't think they'd fit well together, especially considering their circumstances, but yeah, they grow into a fairly deep relationship pretty quickly-not insta-love, but high pressure, high stakes, close proximity pushing them together love that is fast, and sometimes doesn't last, but was really good in this book!

I really enjoyed the various amusements, from the Icarus one, to the carriage, they sounded really fantastic, and awesome, and to think that they did this in the past, and the thought of, what could they do in this day and age? That'd be spectacular!

Yeah, this is a pretty incredible book, and I can't wait to read more of this series!

Author: Kristin Bailey
Series: The Secret Order #1
Read: December 14th, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a Historical Fiction 2013 Book, and a DAC Book!
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Published: March 5th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!