Saturday, December 21, 2013

Week 51 Review: Pantomime

From Goodreads:
R. H. Ragona's Circus of Magic is the greatest circus of Ellada. Nestled among the glowing blue Penglass—remnants of a mysterious civilization long gone—are wonders beyond the wildest imagination. It's a place where anything seems possible, where if you close your eyes you can believe that the magic and knowledge of the vanished Chimaera is still there. It's a place where anyone can hide.

Iphigenia Laurus, or Gene, the daughter of a noble family, is uncomfortable in corsets and crinoline, and prefers climbing trees to debutante balls. Micah Grey, a runaway living on the streets, joins the circus as an aerialist's apprentice and soon becomes the circus's rising star.

But Gene and Micah have balancing acts of their own to perform, and a secret in their blood that could unlock the mysteries of Ellada.

My Review:
Loved this book so much! So good, addicting, and such twists! And the world! So unique and wonderful! So "I want to be in this world now, write more books, now, and write them faster!" feeling! It's just that good!

This world was really detailed, amazingly intricate world! Not one that I'd especially want to live in, but it's there, and just joining with it, briefly, in reading it, was just so great, even as there were injustices that just boiled my blood!

Told in alternating POV's, past and present, Gene and Micah, and how things from the past haunt the present, that come together with a ton of twists, from the characters themselves, one from Gene, that was really big, and then in the situations they find themselves in!

This did have a touch of LGBT, which was really fantastic, because I've read only a books where that's something in the book, and as someone who has no personal experience with any romance, at all, I think that it was dealt with pretty good (but I'm the opposite of an expert, so don't take my word for it because I could be completely wrong!)

Really enjoyed reading this book, it had just beautiful writing that I enjoyed reading!

Author: Laura Lam
Series: Pantomime #1
Read: December 15th, 2013
Source: Tuebl/NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a DAC Book!
Publisher: Strange Chemistry
Published: February 5th 2013
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!