Saturday, December 14, 2013

Week 50 Review: Infinityglass

From Goodreads:
The stakes have risen even higher in this third book in the Hourglass series.

The Hourglass is a secret organization focused on the study of manipulating time, and its members — many of them teenagers -­have uncanny abilities to make time work for them in mysterious ways. Inherent in these powers is a responsibility to take great care, because altering one small moment can have devastating consequences for the past, present, and future. But some time trav­elers are not exactly honorable, and sometimes unsavory deals must be struck to maintain order.

With the Infinityglass (central to understanding and harnessing the time gene) at large, the hunt is on to find it before someone else does.

But the Hourglass has an advantage. Lily, who has the ability to locate anything lost, has determined that the Infinityglass isn't an object. It's a person. And the Hourglass must find him or her first. But where do you start searching for the very key to time when every second could be the last?

My Review:
This was a fantastic ending to the series! Back when I read Timepiece, I thought it was just bridging the gap between Hourglass and this book, and this book would have more of Emerson's story. And I'm so glad that I was wrong, because we got Dune and Hallie's story!

Set in New Orleans, this book takes what made Hourglass and Timepeice so good, condensed it, and then added so much more! The setting was evocative, the stakes are even higher, we got Dune and Hallie, and their romance, and yeah, then there's the Infinityglass!

There were a ton of twists in this book, and I think that if I'd slowed down, and thought about it, I would have predicted them, but a) I was so absorbed by the book, that I just had to read more! And b) I'm not the best at predicting said twists. But I could've given a few guesses if I'd slowed!

And then the ending! It was everything that I could ever want for this series, and more! And then the epilogue, that was just so cute, and yeah, it was awesome to really see some happy endings, because the other books had the whole time rips worsening hanging over their heads in at the end of them!

Yeah, this was a fantastic book (in a fantastic series) that I really enjoyed! And I can't wait to see what Myra McEntire writes next!

Author: Myra McEntire
Series: Hourglass #3
Read: December 12th, 2013
Source: Tuebl/NetGalley
Reason Why: Love this series, and it's a WoW Book, Sequel Challenge 2013 Book and a End of Series 2013 Book!
Publisher: EgmontUSA
Published: August 6th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!