Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Guardian's Wildchild: Review

From Goodreads:
The Guardian's Wildchild is a story that's unlike anything you've read before. It's not a typical romance story of starry eyed lovers in the throes of passion. No, Sidney Davenport and Captain Samaru Waterhouse are adversaries, at first. 

Sidney Davenport is gifted in the paranormal, but carefully conceals her powers from the world. Even in the crises that threaten her life, she refuses to use her powers of telepathy, telekinesis, space/time travel. If her enemies discovered the truth of who she is, her Guardian people would be at risk. She calls upon her spirit guides, Seamus and Celeste, to guide her through a mine field of the insane - Madame and Captain Butchart. 

But, God help Sidney, she can't deny her attraction to the man who has orders to perform her execution - the tall, dark eyed Captain Waterhouse. He's meticulous, disciplined and trusted by his ship's officers and naval seamen. 

Captain Waterhouse is walking a fine line between his mother's Buddhist influence and a dark destructive path. He is about to scrap his higher morals to bust out of his hell. When a female prisoner is delivered to his ship, he has no idea she is capable of turning his disciplined life into a storm of unimaginable experiences. His prisoner's enemies, he discovers, are also the ones who hold his life in the palm of their hands. 

The ending? Not a fairy tale ending here. But enough said. 

My Review:
This was a really good book, if a bit sad at the end, because like it said, it doesn't have a fairy tale ending, what with Sidney dying, and Waterhouse taking their baby inside him in a special patch made by the Guardians. Yep.

Sidney is the Wildchild of he Guardians, and she gets into all sorts of scrapes. But when she's recruited to get info on this power source that shouldn't be in hand other then the Guardians, she knows she has to break in. And when she gets caught, and sent to this ship to be executed, even when she escapes, she still comes back, so that Waterhouse and the other military people on board don't get hurt. And she's funny with all that. Like they should have just called for her, and she would've answered, but they just searched for her. That was quite funny!

The romance and action in this book are really great, and the humor, like Waterhouse thinking that her brother was her lover, yeah, that was really funny! And what they go through to save Waterhouse's boys, and getting the crystals away from the bad guys, well, really good!

This was a really good book, and I hope you guys check it out!

Author: Feather Stone
Read: March 11th-12th, 2012
Source: A Tale of Many Reviews Tour review copy
Reason Why: Sounded interesting! And it's a 2012 Dystopian book!
Publisher: Omnific Publishing
Published: September 26th 2011
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

Bio:
If you already have meet me, you'll know part of me lives on the edge, pushes my limits to the extreme, dares to be different, and desires to create stories that make you wince, cry, laugh, and feel the pleasures of lovers in the throes of passion.

During my career as a paramedic I came face to face with scenes most people would rather not think about. Having experienced life in the most deadly and gut wrenching events, and work with the police service, I have the fodder for creating intense novels.

All my life I've loved the challenges and pushed myself to reset my boundaries to include more of everything life has to offer - with a few exceptions.

I've steered clear of drugs, alcohol or any other practices that take away my self control. However, if the activity was legal or would not harm anyone or anything, I've probably tried it - or wanted to. I've never gotten around to bungee jumping or sky diving. I had signed up to get my pilot's licence but ran out of cash when my car needed repairs. Damn!

I live with passion - that feeling in my entire being that pulls me forward, like the excitement of a child discovering the magical world. Though I'm an introvert I get excited meeting other authors and artists. And I love to learn. I've studied French, Japanese, Spanish and a bit of Cree and Ukrainian. I can play the piano, accordion and guitar. I love to paint (oils and watercolours), knit, garden, hike, canoe, read and, most of all, I love my animals (currently one sheltie, Sammy; and two cats, Leo and Smokey). I've raced snowmobiles and snowmobiles in the Rockies in Canada and USA.

The paranormal has followed me since childhood. My journey has led me to wild experiences during meditation, shamanic exercises, Reiki practice, and ... a relationship with a variety of spirit guides. I manage to keep my feet firmly planted on the ground through loving my family, and being with special friends.

Contact and Buy AKA Links:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!