Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Teaser Tuesday #46, February 21th

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Today's teaser comes from The Woman in Black by Susan Hill so I could go to the movie. I didn't enjoy it (I've already finished it) since nothing really happened. It was a bit boring, honestly. Anyway, here's the teaser, page 80.

"'But what happened to you, how do you mange to be here-how did you get out?' Then my heart lurched as I realized that of course it had not been Keckwick and his pony who had gone into the quicksand, not at all, but someone else, someone with a child, and now they were gone, dead, and the marsh had taken them and the waters had closed over them and no ripple or disturbance of the faintest kind showed on that still. gleaming surface."

Oh, yeah, the sentences were freaking long, too. Yep. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!