Friday, February 10, 2012

First Lines Friday #32, February 10th

First Lines Friday is a bookish meme hosted by Literary Marie of Precision Reviews. We encourage all of our fellow book bloggers and bookhearts to play along.

-Grab your current read(s)
-Share the first line(s)
-Include the title and author so that other FLF participants can add the book to their TBR Lists!

 "'I want you.' Reyn's voice, low and insistent, seemed to come at me from all angles. And no wonder, because he was looming over me obnoxiously as I filled a big glass jar with basmati rice from the twenty-five-pound sack we keep in the pantry. Look at me: 'we.'" -Darkness Falls by Cate Tiernan
 "In the dream, there's sorrow. I feel it over everything else, a terrible grief that chokes me, blurs my sight, weighs down my feet as I move through the tall grass. I walk among pine trees up a gentle slope. It's not the hillside from my vision, not the forest fire, not anyplace I've seen before. This is something new." -Hallowed by Cynthia Hand
"There are so many ways it could have all turned out differently. Imagine if she hadn't forgotten the book. She wouldn't have had to run back into the house while Mom waited outside with the car running, the engine setting loose a cloud of exhaust in the late-day heat." -The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Some really nice first lines from these books! I'm really enjoying them, can't wait to finish! Must read more! So behind, I can't wait for my vacation starting next Friday, even if I don't leave until the Monday afterwards, it's the first day I don't have school!!! Mwahahaha, the teachers still have to go in!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! What about you guys? Happy reading!

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm, what could have turned out differently? Interesting first lines about fate.

    Love the cover of the physical paperback you're reading: Withering Tights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, very interesting! And what could have turned out differently was if she could get on her original plane ride-she was 4 minutes late. But if she didn't miss her first plane, she never would have met him! Yep :)

    And I love it too! Just wish I could get more into the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, totally :) it was the chain of reactions that started off the main part of this book :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!