Saturday, February 11, 2012

Week 6 Review: Ashes

From Goodreads:
It could happen tomorrow . . . 

An electromagnetic pulse flashes across the sky, destroying every electronic device, wiping out every computerized system, and killing billions. 

Alex hiked into the woods to say good-bye to her dead parents and her personal demons. Now desperate to find out what happened after the pulse crushes her to the ground, Alex meets up with Tom—a young soldier—and Ellie, a girl whose grandfather was killed by the EMP. 

For this improvised family and the others who are spared, it’s now a question of who can be trusted and who is no longer human.

My Review:
This was a really loooooong book. Which puts it right in my alley! I just had to read this book, it sounded amazing, it was an RR Book, and yeah, what's not to like? Because I just loved all of this book. Well, enjoyed to read. Didn't like their separation, and what some of the people did in this book!

So first off, this book is pretty unique-the disaster happens right in the beginning. Most dystopian books, the bad event has already happened, most of the time, a few years afterwards. But this one starts in our world, and then the bad things start to happen! And it was just fantastic to have that! Add in the monsters-the one in her head, and the new ones, yeah.

When they separated, it wasn't a good thing! And seeing the ending of this one, I'm hopeful for a reunion, but I'm not optimistic, after all, she just ran away from what was basically a cult, with a lot of mysteries, and yeah, there's less and less chance of that!

I really enjoyed this book so much, and I want the next book now, and the wait is going to be evil!

Author: Ilsa J. Bick
Series: Ashes #1
Read: February 14th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: I wanted to, sounded so good, and it's a RR book! And a 2012 Dystopian book!
Publisher: Egmont USA
Published: September 6th 2011
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!