Saturday, February 11, 2012

Week 6 Review: Possess

From Goodreads:
Rule #1: Do not show fear. 
Rule #2: Do not show pity. 
Rule #3: Do not engage. 
Rule #4: Do not let your guard down. 
Rule #5: They lie. 

Fifteen-year-old Bridget Liu just wants to be left alone: by her mom, by the cute son of a local police sergeant, and by the eerie voices she can suddenly and inexplicably hear. Unfortunately for Bridget, it turns out the voices are demons – and Bridget has the rare ability to banish them back to whatever hell they came from. 

Terrified to tell people about her new power, Bridget confides in a local priest who enlists her help in increasingly dangerous cases of demonic possession. But just as she is starting to come to terms with her new power, Bridget receives a startling message from one of the demons. Now Bridget must unlock the secret to the demons' plan before someone close to her winds up dead – or worse, the human vessel of a demon king.


My Review:
This book was so creepy! I mean, the title, Possess, gives you a good idea of how creepy this book is. But it doesn't quite cover all of it, because this book is more then just the creepiness, no matter how much I enjoyed the creepiness!

So things haven't quite been easy for Bridget, her dad died, and then she suddenly has this ability to hear demons, and being able to banish them. And really, the only person she can talk about it is the local priest, who I didn't like, because I felt like he was using her. And yeah, that was a bit isolating!

I do have a few questions, like why Matt came back to live with his dad, because he had left for a reason! And I'd love to know more about why Alexa and Matt had a relationship, because it just seemed unlikely!

Really enjoyed this book so much, I can't wait to read another Gretchen McNiel book!

Author: Gretchen McNeil
Read: February 6th-7th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: I wanted to, and it's a RR book!
Publisher:  Balzer + Bray
Published: August 23rd 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!