Friday, February 17, 2012

First Lines Friday #33, February 17th


First Lines Friday is a bookish meme hosted by Literary Marie of Precision Reviews. We encourage all of our fellow book bloggers and bookhearts to play along.

-Grab your current read(s)
-Share the first line(s)
-Include the title and author so that other FLF participants can add the book to their TBR Lists!

"Sitting at the desk in my chamber, I do not need to read the words of the prophecy to recall them. They are embedded in my mind as clearly as the mark that brands my wrist. Even still, there is something solid and reassuring about holding the cracked binding of the book my father hid in the library before his death." -Guardian of the Gate by Michelle Zink

Well, that sounds a bit sad, with the death of a father. And the prophecy? Well, since I've read the first book, I know what this means. Yep. What about you guys? Happy reading!

4 comments:

  1. Yep, it's a good read! I got a bit side tracked by Animal Instincts and In Other Worlds, but I will read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great first lines! So many questions. What are the prophecy's words? What and why is there a brand on the character's wrist? What is the book the father hid in the library and why?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, they are :) And those questions can be answered by reading book 1, Prophecy of the Sisters :) that will answer all your questions, then you need to read the rest of the series!!! (This is book 2)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!