Saturday, February 11, 2012

Week 6 Review: Katana

From Goodreads:
Kill Bill meets Buffy in this supernatural samurai tale. 

Rileigh Martin would love to believe that adrenaline gave her the uncanny courage and strength to fend off three muggers. But it doesn't explain her dreams of fifteenth century Japan, the incredible fighting skills she suddenly possesses, or the strange voice giving her battle tips and danger warnings. While worrying that she's going crazy (always a reputation ruiner), Rileigh gets a visit from Kim, a handsome martial arts instructor, who tells Rileigh she’s harboring the spirit of a five-hundred-year-old samurai warrior. 

Relentlessly attacked by ninjas, Rileigh has no choice but to master the katana--a deadly Japanese sword that's also the key to her past. As the spirit grows stronger and her feelings for Kim intensify, Rileigh is torn between continuing as the girl she's always been and embracing the warrior inside her.


My Review:
I really wanted to read this book! The whole "girl suddenly has powers that date back to sometime in the past from another part of the world" thing was reminiscent of a Disney movie that I watched (by Disney, I mean the direct to tv, on the Family channel, Disney) and yeah, to have something along those lines, a kick butt female, in a book, was fantastic!

The whole reincarnated soul thing, and the soul mate love, that was nice and sweet, and just coupling that with all the action, the fighting, the training, was just awesome! And add to that having a best friend who is accepting of the person she is, and a double bonus, is gay, so no love triangles between the best friends.

Instead the love triangle is with the guy from school that she's had a crush on, for, like, ever. But yeah, there was something skeevy going on with him, so I'm glad that she got with Kim! Speaking kinda of him, I wish we could've talked to the girl that had a crush on him, I think she has something important that they should know! Maybe in the next book!

I can't wait for more books in this series, because this was a fantastic book, and yeah, I hope people check it out!

Author: Cole Gibsen
Series: Katana #1
Read: February 8th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Wanted to, DAC book, and an A-Z book!
Publisher: Flux
Expected Publication: March 8th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!